4 covers

4 covers

jeudi 10 avril 2014

The Most Beautiful Painting In The World

Een paar weken geleden in de "Donald Duck" de uitwerking van een scenario dat ik oorspronkelijk schreef voor een speciale uitgave van het Rijksmuseum.
Die is blijkbaar niet doorgegaan en nu prijkt het in het vrolijke weekblad.

Heel prima getekend, ik was dik tevreden, totdat ik het laatste plaatje las. Was dat een einde? Enkel een flauwe woordspeling? Zoiets zou ik toch niet geschreven hebben?
Het origineel erbij genomen, en inderdaad. Mijn einde was gespierd Barks. Misschien heeft de productie het afgezwakt omdat het een commercieel project was en gevreesd werd voor de reactie van het Rijks.

====================

A few weeks ago in Donald Duck magazine the rendering of a story I wrote originally for a special publication of the famous Amsterdam Rijksmuseum.
Apparently this didn't go through, so my product is featured in the "Happy Weekly, Donald Duck".

It was nicely drawn, I was satisfied, until I saw the last panel. Was this the end? A watered down word play? I can't imagine having written that!
I searched for the original, and indeed: my ending was muscled Barks. Maybe it got watered down because it was a commercial project and everybody feared the reaction of the Rijksmuseum.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire